Welcome to No Thank You, a linkup about the food you hate, despise, and simply don’t get along with. It’s a quick and fun way to share the reasons you avoid the gross foods you hate – and a great way to meet others who share similar tastes. I’d love for you to join us and add a link to your own blog post!
There was a time in my life when I ate spinach. It was never raw spinach, rather cooked and coated in butter. I grew up on mounds of this soggy green leaf vegetable but quickly grew out of it when I met Popeye the Sailor Man. The one-eyed cartoon with gigantic muscles was scary. The one thing we had in common was our love of spinach and somehow I started to associate scary with spinach. Sadly, that was the end of my spinach days.
NO SPINACH, THANK YOU
- Raw spinach is something I’d like to incorporate into my diet again. It has a bunch of health benefits and is an excellent source of tons of vitamins and nutrients – vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, magnesium, iron, and potassium to name a few – but there’s something about this flowery plant that my mature taste buds do not like.
- Cooked spinach is soggy and slimy. I can hardly believe that I loved it so much as a child. Now-a-days, I’d take raw spinach over cooked any day…
Why don’t you eat spinach?
NO THANK YOU LINKUP RULES
- Share your post about why you don’t like to eat the food of the week. Entries that are completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Link back to this site so others can share, too! All you have to do it mention the linkup with Please Don’t Make Me Eat That in your post. Include the button below, if you’d like!
- You can link up your posts any day of the week, but the most common day to do so is Monday.
- Check out other posts connected to the linkup. It’s a great way to meet people like you and bond over your disgust of gross foods! You never know what you’ll learn.