Welcome to No Thank You, a linkup about the food you hate, despise, and simply don’t get along with. It’s a quick and fun way to share the reasons you avoid the gross foods you hate – and a great way to meet others who share similar tastes. I’d love for you to join us and add a link to your own blog post!
It was a hot summer day in August 2011 and my new college roommates had just arrived to start the soccer pre-season. I walked into a house that smelled like burning grass. I quickly opened all the windows on the first floor as my roommate walked into the dining room with a pan of shriveled green leaves. “Kale chips fresh from the oven!” she excitedly proclaimed. I panicked for a variety of reasons: (1) the smell of this unfamiliar vegetable was making me gag; (2) the weird baked vegetable looked disgusting; (3) I knew I had to try it because I didn’t want to be rude. She was my new roommate, after all. I haven’t had raw kale or baked kale since.
NO KALE, THANK YOU
- Kale is basically shriveled lettuce.
- The taste and texture are terrible. In fact, if baked kale has an awful after taste, I can’t imagine what raw kale would have.
Why don’t you eat kale?
NO THANK YOU LINKUP RULES
- Share your post about why you don’t like to eat the food of the week. Entries that are completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Link back to this site so others can share, too! All you have to do it mention the linkup with Please Don’t Make Me Eat That in your post. Include the button below, if you’d like!
- You can link up your posts any day of the week, but the most common day to do so is Monday.
- Check out other posts connected to the linkup. It’s a great way to meet people like you and bond over your disgust of gross foods! You never know what you’ll learn.