Welcome to No Thank You, a linkup about the food you hate, despise, and simply don’t get along with. It’s a quick and fun way to share the reasons you avoid the gross foods you hate – and a great way to meet others who share similar tastes. I’d love for you to join us and add a link to your own blog post!
If you had the choice, would you carpet your bedroom in your favorite color? Well, I did! I had purple carpet in my childhood bedroom and I’m proud of it. As much as purple is my favorite color in life, it’s not when it comes to vegetables. I hate purple lettuce, I find purple onions appalling, and did you know that purple cauliflower is a real thing?! That’s just too weird for me to handle. Not to mention, eggplant gives me the heebie-jeebies. This glossy vegetable has a fantastic color but its fluctuating tastes and textures are a complete turn-off for picky eaters. I never know what to expect with eggplants, which is something I’m not interested in dealing with.
NO EGGPLANT, THANK YOU
- Eggplant has multiple personalities depending on how it’s cooked and prepared. In my experience, most have dull and somber traits – it is either mushy and soggy when overcooked or it’s bitter and seedy when it’s not prepared well. Unfortunately for me, I’ve never met a happy eggplant.
- I thought Italian food was the one and only food group that I accepted in its entirety until I discovered eggplant parmesan. That was one of the saddest days of my life.
- I’ve learned that as much as I’m not a morning person, I’m not a night owl either, and I’m definitely not a night owl who enjoys eating nightshades…
Why don’t you eat eggplant?
NO THANK YOU LINKUP RULES
- Share your post about why you don’t like to eat the food of the week. Entries that are completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Link back to this site so others can share, too! All you have to do it mention the linkup with Please Don’t Make Me Eat That in your post. Include the button below, if you’d like!
- You can link up your posts any day of the week, but the most common day to do so is Monday.
- Check out other posts connected to the linkup. It’s a great way to meet people like you and bond over your disgust of gross foods! You never know what you’ll learn.